The Grey’s Anatomy star was played second base for his high school team when he accidentally swallowed a wad of Red Man tobacco and fell ill.
The memory ruined his dream of becoming a baseball star.
He recalls, “I made the mistake of thinking I could chew tobacco and play like the pros did… (so) I got a ball hit to me. We were gonna do a double play. I went over to second base, tagged the bag and swallowed everything that was in my mouth.
“The next inning I started feeling really dizzy and really high off of it (tobacco). And then all of the sudden I got really nauseous. And then that was it, I was out of the game, hiding under a tree, vomiting for the rest of the game.
“That was the end of my baseball career – and chewing tobacco.”