Still missing Veronica Mars since it went off the air? We feel your pain. But we also think we’ve found a show to fill that void: iZombie. The CW series, which recently ended its 13-episode 1st season run, is about a young woman who gets turned into a zombie and then uses her newfound brain-eating proclivities to solve murders. It may sound weird, but it has more in common with our favorite teen detective than you might think.
1. Both shows were created by Rob Thomas, so they have a similar vibe.
2. Liv is a petite blonde with a quick wit. Sound familiar?
3. She narrates via voiceovers.
4. She uses her unique resources to play detective.
5. A single event changes her life and she becomes a different person. (For Liv, it’s a boat accident. For Veronica, it was her best friend Lily’s death.)
6. She ditches her old boyfriend.
7. She makes a new best friend who accepts her for who she is – her medical examiner boss, Ravi.
8. The characters have creative names, like Liv Moore (get it?) and Major Lilywhite. That was a signature of Veronica Mars too.
9. Ryan Hansen, aka Veronica Mars’ Dick Casablancas, guest-starred.
10. It’s already on its way to becoming a cult classic.
Do you watch iZombie? Has it filled your Veronica Mars void? Are you excited for season 2? Let us know!