The trailer for Wonder Woman was released not too long ago at Comic-Con, and it looks absolutely amazing! Gal Gadot reprises her role as Princess Diana from Batman V Superman and will continue to play the part in Justice League in 2017. Unfortunately, Wonder Woman hits theaters on June 2nd 2017 so it’s still almost a year away. However, the trailer revealed quite a few things about the plot and other goodies. Read on to find out 9 things you didn’t know about Wonder Woman!
1. Gadot gained 17 pounds of muscle for the role through training and practicing different martial arts.
2. She is the first non-American actress to play Wonder Woman.
3. Gadot was chosen for the role of Wonder Woman because of her Mediterranean heritage and her military background in the Israel Defense Forces.
4. Angelina Jolie Pitt was offered the lead role in 2005, but she declined.
She was also considered to direct the film in 2015.
5. This will be Chris Pine‘s first role in a comic book film.
He did audition for the part of Hal Jordan in Green Lantern in 201,1 and was also considered for the reboot Green Lantern Corps.
6. The film takes place 100 years before Batman V Superman during World War I.
7. Wonder Woman will be more naive than she was in Batman V Superman.
Gadot has stated that because the film takes place 100 years before Batman V Superman, Wonder Woman is much younger and has an idealist view of the world. This is unlike her confident and experienced self we see in Batman V Superman.
8. Zack Snyder will have a cameo as a World War I soldier.
Snyder directed Man of Steel and Batman V Superman and will also be directing Justice League. Snyder is credited as a producer for Wonder Woman.
9. This is the second comic book film to have a female director.
Check out the gorgeous trailer below!