The Hulk is a tricky superhero to play. Just ask Eric Bana, who tried it with limited success in 2003’s Hulk, or Edward Norton, who gave it a shot in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk. Perhaps none have nailed the character as perfectly as Mark Ruffalo in The Avengers. Maybe it’s because he’s just so darn likeable, even when he’s big and green and, you know, destroying stuff. Let’s just say we DO like him when he’s angry. Here are some reasons why his Hulk is the best Hulk:
1. Even when he’s making a threat, he’s cute.
2. His Bruce Banner was sort of a curmudgeon in the first movie, but we liked that.
3. He seems genuinely excited to play the Hulk.
4. He’s subtly funny.
5. His banter with Tony Stark makes us want a spinoff.
6. He’s not above playing with his own action figure.
7. He played the character as a guy with some deep-seeded issues.
8. The way he tossed Loki like a rag doll.
9. And did this to Thor.
10. He fangirls over Tom Hiddleston just as much as we do.
11. Even little kids are in awe.
12. Hulk trumps Loki’s army. He’s THAT good.
Do you agree that Mark Ruffalo’s Hulk is the best Hulk? Comment and tell us!