Why would Kristen Stewart show up to the 85th Academy Awards on crutches? The question circulated the Internet Sunday night after the Twilight star appeared on the Oscars red carpet using the unusual accesories. Well, the answer has been revealed.
Stewart was using the crutches to help balance herself after she stepped on glass. "[She] cut the ball of her foot, quite severely, on glass two days ago," her makeup artist, Beau Nelson, tells People. She was in "a little bit of pain."
But despite the pain, Stewart did opt to take the stage without her crutches later on in the evening to present an Oscar. And Stewart probably wasn't complainig about the fact that she had to wear flats — she's not really a high heels sort of gal.
Follow Lindsey on Twitter @LDiMat.
[Photo Credit: Christopher Polk/Getty Images]
Oscars 2013 Special Coverage
• Anne Hathaway: Oscar’s Worst Dressed?
• Seth MacFarlane’s Opening: How’d He Do?
• Adele’s Performance Gets Mixed Reviews
• 15 Oscar-Winning Nude Scenes
• What Happened to Renee Zellweger's Face?
• Oscars 2013: The Full Winners List
• The Winner, According to You