It’s hard to believe that it’s been an entire decade since The Devil Wears Prada came into our life like a shiny, new pair of shoes. It brought us a fresh story about an ambitious graduate trying to tackle adulthood, the big city, and the corporate world. While Anne Hathaway‘s Andy may be totally relatable, it’s Meryl Streep‘s iconic Miranda Priestly who truly speaks to our soul. Here are 10 times the hellish Runway Magazine editor was forever our spirit animal…
1. When she came to work totally owning the office.
The woman knows how to make an entrance! It’s what we strive for each and every Monday morning.
2. When she had no time for peasants.
We totally identify, Miranda.
3. When she said everything that we’re afraid to say out loud.
Oh, to live a life with zero filter.
4. Plus, um, she needs her coffee too!
Although, we’re not sure pre-coffee Miranda is much different than post-coffee Miranda.
5. When she showed off her impeccable sense of fashion.
She could be your grandma but has better style than you.
6. When she knew what she wanted and wasn’t afraid to go get it.
Her ambition, drive and brains got her to where she’s at in her career: a rich, renowned fashion mag editor. #goals
7. When she proved that a healthy dose of confidence is key.
Hey, it’s important to love yourself!
8. When she gave someone lower on the totem pole a chance.
Okay, so she was pretty terrible to Anne Hathaway’s character…but it’s what helped her undergo that inspiring ‘coming of age’ transformation!
9. When she proved that women can be a total professional powerhouse.
She’s worshiped, she’s feared, she runs her own magazine and she’s played by Meryl Streep. You can’t get much fiercer than that.
10. When she was overall flawless.