With the Hunger Games series coming to an end with Mockingjay — Part 2, one ongoing debate can finally come to an end: Team Peeta or Team Gale? Through four films, Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson brought depth to their characters, Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark, and gave us a heart-wrenching love story to root for. After seeing the couple go through two Hunger Games and a war against the Capitol, the choice is obvious. We will ALWAYS be Team Peeta.
2. Katniss NEEDS him.
4. He’s content with just being in Katniss’s arms.
5. Those beautiful eyes melt your soul!
6. And so does that smile!
7. His smile even makes cranky Katniss smile.
8. He knows how to play along when he needs to.
9. That tear drop just hits you right in the feels.
10. Katniss may be the “Girl on Fire” but Peeta is the “God-like Creature On Fire.”
11. He’s a fighter and he knows what it’s like to fight in a war.
Sorry Gale but you didn’t survive two Hunger Games, did you?
12. He always puts Katniss’s life before his own.
13. The dude can run.
Why can’t he run to me?
14. He was there for Katniss at her most desperate moment.
Once a guy gives you some bread when you’re starving, can you ever forget it? #TheBoyWithTheBread
15. Katniss and Peeta’s relationship is “real.”
Team Peeta for life!