You may have watched all the season of Friends, and can roll off Chandler Bing’s best burns with no problem. But do you know all there is to know about the best television show in history? It’s time to find out!
1. In the opening credits of “The One After Vegas” everyone has “Arquette” added to the end of their name as a joke about how Courteney Cox and David Arquette just got hitched.
2. The white dog Joey buys is actually the good luck present Jennifer Aniston received from a friend when she started acting.
3. Originally the main love story of the show was going to be between Monica and Joey!
4. Chandler was originally supposed to be gay, but the writers changed their minds.
5. Giovanni Ribisi plays Phoebe’s brother, but before that he appeared on the show as someone who threw a condom in Phoebe’s guitar case instead of money.
6. Lisa Kudrow was actually really scared of the duck that Joey and Chandler got in season 3.
7. Apartment numbers on the show changed after a couple of episodes.
At first Monica and Rachel lived in apartment 5, while Joey and Chandler lived in apartment 4. Someone realized this doesn’t makes sense because the characters live on a higher floor so they changed to 19 and 20.
8. Lisa Kudrow hated trying to learn to play the guitar.
The actress tried learning from a teacher and only got a couple of chords in before quitting. She said that it didn’t really matter since her character isn’t that great at it anyways.
9. The show changed its name many times before going on air.
It was originally pitched as Insomnia Cafe, but after making a few changes to the story line they were going to go with Across the Hall. After shooting they considered Six of One. They finally landed on the title we know and love.
10. Phoebe was pregnant because Lisa Kudrow was in real life, however Courteney Cox’s pregnancy didn’t get written into the show.
11. Courteney Cox is the only main character that wasn’t nominated for an Emmy for acting on the show.
12. All of the friends have kissed each other at some point.
Some happened off screen like Rachel and Monica, one was fake which was Monica and Joey in London, and this includes the quick peck Monica and Ross had.
13. You can thank this TV show for giving you the term “friend zone” since it was the first to use it.
14. All of the friends lived in Monica and Rachel’s apartment and Chandler and Joey’s place at some point.
15. The show was filmed on the same sound stage that was used for the last two seasons of Full House.
16. Ross names Winona Ryder and Susan Sarandon as a few celebrities on his “list”, but they both appear in later seasons as fictional characters.
17. Bruce Willis appeared on the show for free thanks to losing a bet on whether The Whole Nine Yards would be #1 in the box office opening weekend. He donated the money he would have been paid to charity.
18. Ross was 29…FOR THREE YEARS. Whoops!
19. June Gable plays Joey’s agent, but she also played a nurse in the scene where Carol gives birth to Ben.
20. Lisa Ludrow played Ursula Buffay two years before Friends on Mad About You. So Phoebe’s twin is a crossover character!