At the end of Game of Thrones, season five, there were several would-be deaths which weren’t actually confirmed. Among them were Theon Greyjoy and Sansa Stark, who banded together to escape the terror of Ramsey Bolton’s control. The two jumped hand in hand over the edge of Winterfell’s wall into a thick blanket of snow below. We won’t know until season six whether or not the two survived, but if their characters continue on, here are solid reasons why they would make a good GoT power couple.
1. Sansa and Theon have both been through the wringer physically and emotionally. Having endured such abuse and still remain standing, the strength of these two together could be intimidating to everyone fighting for the Iron Throne.
2. The house sigils are insanely amazing when put together: a snarling wolf of the cold north and a tentacles sea monster rising from the ocean depths. Pair those banners together at the head of their army and even Dothraki might be making excuses to show up to battle late.
3. They say sex complicates relationships and cripples ambition. With Theon missing a piece of the puzzle and Sansa unlikely to want anyone near her in that regard for a long time, the two can focus on manipulating their enemies and coming out on top.
4. Theon and Sansa’s siblings serve as serious back up. Sansa has Bran, a warg, who is now connected to the ancient and powerful children of the forest, as well as Arya who is training as a faceless assassin. Theon’s sister Yara commands a powerful host of Viking-esque Ironborn and survived a close combat encounter with everyone’s favorite psycho, Ramsey Bolton.
5. Any self-respecting power couple needs efficient transportation. As an heir to the Iron Islands, Theon has access to the Ironborn fleet. From the inlets of the Riverlands to the coastlines of the Narrow Sea, Sansa and Theon would be cruising the waters of Westeros and conveniently step off wherever they pleased in order to further their agendas.