How I Met Your Mother is the type of comedy you can watch over and over. The jokes are still funny, and there are so many episodes that you don’t get tired of it. Although chances are no matter how many times you’ve seen the show you probably over looked some awesome Easter eggs. So what did you miss? Here are thirteen things the show cleverly hidden.
1. Three of the cast members had their significant others on the show
Alyson Hannigan’s husband Alexis Denisof played Sandy Rivers
Neil Patrick Harris’ husband, David Burtka played Scooter
Cobie Smulders’ husband, Taran Killam played Blauman
2. The kids used to talk back to Ted in the intro, but they were phased out
3. The song, “La Vie En Rose” is in two romantic Ted scenes.
One is where Tracy plays it in “How Your Mother Met Me.”
The other is in “The Limo” where Ted cheers Robin up by offering to be her midnight kiss.
4. Conan O’Brien has a cameo in “No Pressure”
5. The intro song is by the band, “The Solids” which includes the writers/producers/co-creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas
6. Maclaren’s Pub is named after associate producer, Carl Maclaren. There is also a bartender named Carl.
7. The song Robin walked down the aisle to was Robin Sparkles’ “Sandcastles In The Sand”
8. Someone actually proposed with the ring Robin found in her champagne glass
9. The show actually created the term “bro code”
10. Neil Patrick Harris is a trained magician in real life
11. Ted and Marshall’s clock is always stuck on 4:20
12. Five books from the show have been published including “The Playbook”
13. In the background of every fight you’ll hear Robin’s ex-boyfriend Simon’s band “The Four Skins”